B4A includes all the features needed to quickly develop any type of Android app. B4A is used by tens of thousands of developers from all over the world, including companies such as NASA, HP, IBM and others. Together with B4i you can now easily develop applications for both Android and iOS.
B4A v8.0 has been released!
This update includes many important improvements and makes it simpler to target the latest versions of Android.
• The process of starting the app from the background was rewritten to comply with targetSdkVersion 26 requirements.
• Push notifications and other features that cause apps to start from the background should be more reliable due to changes in the way services are started. A wake lock is automatically held when a receiver receives an intent. The wake lock is released when the service starts.
• Automatic foreground mode.
• Notification object rewritten to work with targetSdkVersion 26. In most cases you don't need to change anything. Notification.SetInfo or Notification.SetInfo2 should be the last calls before you show the notification.
• Notification.SetInfo / SetInfo2 accept CharSequences so it can work with CSBuilder.
• StartServiceAt / StartServiceAtExact rewritten to work with targetSdkVersion 26 and they are now more reliable.
• Notification.Initialize2 - Allows to set the notification channel importance level.
• Better support for AAR libraries: jni folders (native libraries) are handled properly, assets and resources from internal jars are added to the project.
• #AdditionalJar with ReferenceOnly - Allows referencing jars that are only used as a reference during compilation. This is required for more complex libraries such as DJI library.
• Signing key size is explicitly set to avoid issues with newer versions of Java.
• B4A Sdk Manager v3.25 - Bug fixes and support for Google based AVDs.
• Screenshot tool modified to work with latest versions of Android SDK.
• MediaPlayer.IsInitialzied method.
• Manifest editor macros - Macros can be added to libraries or zip files.
- Windows Vista+: .Net Framework 4.5.2.
- Windows XP: .Net Framework 4.0.
Homepage - http://www.b4x.com